Extended Natural Gas
GPA 2261, 2286
CALIDUS™ CS Ultra-Fast GC Extended Natural Gas Application
GC analysis extended Natural Gas, i.e. fixed gases and C1-C12 hydrocarbons for laboratory, at-line, transportable, or on-line, in less than six minutes.
Figure 1: CALIDUS CS Functional Diagram
The Sample Processing Module with a standard split/splitless injection port and a heated gas sample valve delivers the sample to a column switching valve for analysis on two independent Programmed Temperature Column Modules (PTCM). The inlet includes septum purge to prevent bleed components from entering the system.
The two PTCMs are independently controlled by the method.
PTCM 1 contains a MXT-QBond resistively heated stainless steel capillary column and is operated in a temperature programmed mode. This column provides separation of CO2 and C1-C12. (See Figures 2A & 2B)
Figure 2A: PTCM 1 MXT-QBond Separation of CO2 & C1-C12
Figure 2B: PTCM 1 MXT-QBond Separation of CO2 & C1-C12 (zoomed)
PTCM 2 contains a MXT-MS5A resistively heated stainless steel capillary column and is operated in a delayed temperature programmed mode. This column provides separation of CO2, O2, N2, C1, and CO. (See Figure 3)
Figure 3: PTCM 2 MXT-MS5A Natural Gas Standard
Figure 4: PTCM 2 MXT-MS5A Permanent Gas Standard (Separation of CO 2, O2, N2, C1, and CO)
The analyzer includes the Chromperfect® chromatography data system, fully integrated, with InfoMetrix® LineUp™, running on a Windows PC for calculating and reporting BTU content as well as other physical properties such as specific gravity and compressibility.
In the natural gas industry, price is dictated by the energy content; therefore, the ability to determine the energy content within the sample stream is of utmost importance.
- Parallel analysis utilizing FID and TCD
- FID supports hydrocarbon analysis
- TCD supports permanent gas analysis
- Ideal for “dry” gas, “wet” gas, “frac” gas, or any gas where condensates may be present
- A complete range of natural gas analysis in one instrument, in the laboratory, at-line, online, or in the field
- Enables greater product throughput for increased revenues and profits
- Smaller footprint means more bench top or analyzer shelter space. In the lab or the plant, space is always at a premium
- Speed and precision for quicker turnaround
- Reduction in utility and maintenance cost (i.e. power and consumables)
Major Analytical Advantages
Fastest analysis time in the industry for Extended Natural Gas, with excellent performance and reliability.
Incorporates patented Resistively Heated Stainless Steel Capillary Column Module and its thermal management system, resulting in a paradigm shift in GC analysis.
Simplest hardware analytical approach for achieving Extended Natural Gas analysis.
The most powerful, durable, compact and lightweight analytical solution for Extended Natural Gas analysis (43 cm L X 21.5 cm D X 27.9 cm W, wt. 9.07 kg).
For more information, please contact Us at GoTML@teledyne.com 1-800-422-1499 http://www.teledyne-ml.com